Monday, August 20, 2007

Soldiers and Technology Secure - White House Not

Army Audits: Official Sites, Not Blogs, Breach Security
From the page

- For years, members of the military brass have been warning that soldiers' blogs could pose a security threat by leaking sensitive wartime information. But a series of online audits, conducted by the Army, suggests that official Defense Department websites post far more potentially-harmful than blogs do. -

LOL interactive White House site

By internetjoe - Posted on: Thu, Aug 9 2007 3:52 PM
So person or persons from Washington DC, why are you all of a sudden reading my blog?

Just coincidence that no one from DC ever came to - or noticed my little web production for a year and a half - yet soon after my leaving a not so kind information request - series of questions I would like answered about the White House site on there submit form... the city of Washington shows up on my stats page.


My questions were simple along the line below

With the new Fisa law how long do you hold my IP address after i submit a question?

Why do you call it White House Interactive, when No One has called a Submit Form interactivity for 8 years?

Why does this site not work well on my macintosh?

Doh - Maybe im just paranoid

Maybe im not Update 8-23
The Next Hurrah -Time to Fire the White House Webmaster by emptywheel
I thought it worth mentioning that the Administration has twice made claims in the last week that their website refuted. First came Senator Leahy, who noted that Cheney's claims not to be part of the Executive Office of the President were disproved by the White House website.

Sphere: Related Content